2003-09-23

its been a while since i've done a proper post.

My head is pounding. Bada-bump. Bada-bomp. Its throbbing, you can see the veins on the side actually reverberate like the taut skin across a drum.
(Marie in the rain,
Marie in the dark
moon-sopped night,
Marie in the clatter-clack,
sweeping metronome wipers
of little cabs.
) can you dig it cool cat?

Late at night, with the curtains drawn, the far side of my room swims in thick deep black that seems to go into infinity. I prefer to think of it as a flat black wall instead of a gaping black hole with all things nasty lurking in wait. It's easier on the mind.

I love my dad. He's so cute. He's what you would call a foodie. I would liken him to... a more introverted version of that makansutra person. Today, he came in with a tingling air about him in his usual quiet demeanor. He had bought raw beef, sliced thinly, with marvelous marbling of fat across it, fine as a spider's web. He proceeded to consult his library of cooking books and promptly found an appropriate sauce, enlisting my help in its preperation. 1 lemon, a few cloves of garlic, some soy sauce, dried fish and 5 minutes later, we concocted a fine brew to compliment the raw beef. He ate it with a supressed grin, being very pleased with himself. It was heavenly.

I am, for some reason, feeling more proper nowadays.