Dis-jointed
Today's Life is in my opinion, the best issue thus far in a lonnggg while. Many many interesting reads, like the Naomi Campbell articles (yes joan, i agree. She's everything you said she was), the Bowie article and the good news of a Simon&Garfunkel Reunion. Oh oh there was an interesting review on facial cleansers too, and as an added bonus, today's Bizzaro was damn funny! and there was a pic of Angelina Jolie, AND Orlando Bloom! there. Today's Life in a nutshell... I can't believe I used a whole paragraph talking about it. bah.
Last night I gave in at the very last minute and made my way down to zouk (Hmmm because SOMEBODY* let me down! pah). Naysayers, hold your tongue! I've been up since 10 and studying! And today's whole agenda is built about the virtues of self-improvement (i.e- studying), and a play tonight, Bent, which I am really quiteee looking forward to. But I digress. Zouk... they freakin' played the GHOSTBUSTERS theme song!!! hahaha that was an absolute lark, but damn fun la... damn fun. haha. A tad too crowded for my tastes, but hey, thats testament to its draw, right?
What is the deal with all these self-improvement books? '7 Habits of Highly-Effective People', 'Tony Robbins Approach to Success!', 'You CAN!'. All a load of bladderdash. Sure ya it does spout some good info, but nothing plain-old common sense can't cover. In the words of Tyler Durden- Self-Improvement is Masturbation. Lets analyse that... its not just a hyped up movie quote (from fight club). Like. When you're reading the book, you feel all hyped up like, 'yeah yeah I'm improving myself', but give it a few days, weeks, and it's impact dies down to a mere background throb. So its like masturbation- (heard this from someone, btw) While your doing it, it feels great, top of the world. But once its over, you can't help but realise you just fucked yourself.
p.s: i like playing with the Bold option! Makes this look so regal and with like... important points. hoho!
* #@^!(@#
-space monkey