2003-07-21

Russian Roulette

To whom it may concern:

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take a little time.


Shit.

ts l k gr v ty, th r 's n sc p ng t.
I r n b t lw ys 'm on s nk ng s nd, s
I m ght s w ll dm t, y r
my ch ll s h l.

ts lm st p th t c,
b t 'm dd ct d. s s str ng ly ttr ct d
'm r p ls d b ck f rth s c nf s d

N h s t t n 'm h k d.
S g d ts b d, g d
'm cr sh ng f st.


-bl ck m rk t