2003-07-27

Have you had instances when you hear a song, and the lyrics ring so true you think... Oh my god!. Its like the singer is voicing out how your thinking or feeling better than you ever could. And in that moment, you feel so special and understood, like that song was written just for you. Well. Maybe it rings so true because we all go through the same thing, but we're too narcissitic and self-absorbed. We believe that what we are feeling or going through to be unique to be ourselves.

I've come to terms that such is never the case. No matter how shitty or alone your feeling, somewhere else someone is going through the exact same thing. Its like we're all playing out the same script, jus that the names and set have changed. So much for the great human experience huh? Kinda humbling to say the least.

-

This probably isn't the best time to say this, but then again, when has that stopped me. The Velvet Underground plays such lovely music. It melancholic, poetic and it just has such a sedative effect on me. If ever I was going to take my life, it'd be to the song "Sunday Morning".

Sunday morning and I'm falling
I've got a feeling I don't want to know
Early dawning, Sunday morning
It's all the streets you crossed, not so long ago
Watch out, the world's behind you
Watch out, the world's behind you


Not that I'm being morbid, mind you.

-starshine