in one word, "haphazard"
the dreaded question from family, friends and strangers alike goes "so what kind of architecture do you do", or in its permutations - "what kind of architecture does your school teach", leaves me at a loss for words.
What is it that I do? I'm not sure, and maybe it doesn't want to define it yet - by doing so, you leave out and deny all alternatives. And I'm not ready to commit to any singular definition yet.
So instead of what I do, maybe I should ask what've I've done. In as plain a langage as I can, the last year and a half was spent on the following:
travels:
1) road trip through california with family
2) internship in berlin
3) pilgimage to Holland
4) down and out in london
5) backpacking through mexico
design:
1) Solano Canyon housing project
2) Chungking Plaza environmental redesign
3) Bupyeong Skyscraper
interests:
1) LA photo project
projects:
1) NeuKoln parametric machine
2) South Korea urban research
3) Contemporary Domesticity research
this is depressing. i should go back and look closer.